One of my co-workers was kind enough to video tape my little stunt - 25 pennies - I'm pretty proud! I apologize some of the tape was cut off.
Sharing this activity opened so many language opportunities with my patient. For instance...
1. Tell me the steps I had to do to in this hidden talent.
2. How many coins do you think I had stacked?
3. Do you think you could do this activity?
4. What does hidden talent mean?
5. Do you have any hidden talents?
6. Look in the word record book what "hidden talent" do you find most interesting?
7. If you could break a world record what would it be?
8. What would you have to do to train to break that world record?
9. Write about a world record...
10. How do you think it feels to beat a world record?
11. I had to do steps 1, 2, and 3, to do this...what did I have to do?
Using your skills as a Speech-Language Pathologist and a bit of silliness combined it is amazing what can be accomplished in a fun treatment session!
So I ask you, what are your hidden talents? I have to say that I only have one other hidden talent...I can do the worm, yes the old school break dancing worm :-) but that video is for another day! Have a great week everyone and leave comments!