Tuesday, November 6, 2012

C'ead Mile Failte - A Hundred Thousand Welcomes!


Hello world of blogging! My name is Mallory, I am a Speech-Language Pathologist in Missouri and I am so excited to start this new adventure of sharing resources!

Here is just a little bit about me! Originally I came to Missouri State University to play golf, over those 4 years of undergraduate school I fell in love with the field of Speech-Language Pathology. In 2009 I graduate from Missouri State University with my Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology! I continued on with my education and graduated from Missouri State University in 2011 with my Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology.

Now I am licensed by the state of Missouri under the Board of Healing Arts and I hold my Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) with the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). 

After graduation I found 2 wonderful jobs! I work full time in one hospital as an Outpatient Speech-Language Pathologist and primarily work with a pediatric population of all ages and adults of all ages. I also work PRN (as needed) at a different hospital in acute care where I work with primarily adults with various communication, cognition, and/or swallowing disorders.

I have to say that I just love both of my jobs and I am so thankful to have found the field of Speech-Language Pathology! Everyday I have the opportunity to take a personal adventure into some sort of communication or swallowing hurdle a person may be experiencing.

With this blog I hope for many things! Here are just a few of my hopes!

1.     Create materials with supported evidence based practice for my patient’s and for other Speech-Language Pathologist or anyone else interested in this field!

2.     Reviews of scholarly articles pertinent to the field of Speech-Language Pathology.

3.     Share my thoughts on treatment materials including applications for iPad!

4.     Provide a place where no questions are silly!!!!

5.     Post educational videos and resources!


Comments and suggestions are always welcome here on this blog or
in a private e-mail to SpiritedSpeechPathology@gmail.com

Thank you for starting this journey with me!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thanks, Mallory! Looking forward to some great information and sharing.

    ReplyDelete